The Disciples Voice Newsletter – Sept. 21, 16
Dropbox Link to our PDF version : https://www.dropbox.com/s/txot5u0lwdtahum/NL092116.pdf?dl=0
Calendar of Ministry and Mission:
Events are at Compass Christian Church, 6771 Tylersville Rd, Mason, OH 45040, USA unless otherwise noted.
September 21 7:30 pm Adult Choir Practice This is also International Peace Day, let’s say prayers for peace.
Northeast Inter-Regional Fellowship (NIRF) September 22, 2016 – September 25, 2016 Bethany Beach, DE, USA
Meeting of regional women leaders
Over the Rhine Soup Kitchen September 24, 2016 at 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm https://compassc.org/2016/09/01/volunteer-opportunity-over-the-rhine-soup-kitchen-saturday-september-22/ 1620 Vine St. Cincinnati OH 45202
We will prepare and serve a meal for about 300 people – cooking starts at 9 a.m. service is noon to 1 p.m.
SING OUT AGAINST POVERTY September 24, 2016 at 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm https://compassc.org/2016/09/11/sing-out-against-poverty-faith-alliance-event-volunteers-needed-for-setup-and-teardown/
The Square at Union Centre, 9285 Centre Pointe Dr, West Chester Township, OH 45069, USA
Free, family-friendly, Christian rock festival open to the public Donations support Faith Alliance programs & outreach ministries
Reconciliation Sunday Special Offering September 25, 2016 and October 2, 2016
September 26 – 30 Donne out of the office
September 28 7:30 pm Adult Choir Practice
Events at Compass Christian Church, 6771 Tylersville Rd, Mason, OH 45040, USA unless otherwise noted.
October 2, 2016 Children’s Bible Study 9:30 am
October 2, 2016 Madhatters 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm ; October 2 is World Communion Sunday and also Reconciliation Special Offering
Elders Meeting October 4, 2016 at 7 pm
Pastor @ Panera October 6, 2016 at noon-1pm Panera @ VOA Tylersville & Cox Road Meet Pastor Troy for prayers, or questions
October 4 7pm – 7:30 Ablaze Choir Practice ages 5-11 ; 7:30 pm Adult Choir Practice
October 13-15 Ohio Regional Assembly at Northwest Christian Church, 1340 Fishinger Rd – Columbus, OH to register online click here: http://www.ccinoh.com/other-pages/regional-assembly.aspx
October 15 – Used Book Sale 10 am – 3 pm (over 1000 books!) https://compassc.org/2016/09/02/fall-used-book-sale-saturday-october-15-2016-10am-3pm/
October 23-29 Adult Mission trip to SC
Rev. Bonnie Browning and David Goodwin:
Newest CCC member, Rev. Bonnie Browning and her fiancé, David Goodwin, whose wedding shower was recently held at Compass Christian Church, will be married on Sunday, October 9, 2016.
Blessings on the happy couple!
A fond farewell to Miss Lois :
Words can not express how much we miss you!
God give us wisdom to find reasons and answers to tend to the heroin and addiction problems that seem to be a great problem in our city and surrounding villages.
Please use us all to extend your message of justice and love to help our neighbors near and far.
That same love and wisdom needs to go throughout our globe. We need to be who and what it takes to show the world what the love of Jesus Christ can do for all of us and to understand what that Love truly means.
On this International Peace Day September 21, 2016 I am posting several inter-faith prayers for peace. I dedicate these prayers for peace to my friend Miss Lois . They are prayers for peace for me as I miss her dearly (Mairi H.)
Words of Maya Angelou: “We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike”
Let there be Peace on Earth
Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on earth – the peace that was meant to be
With God as our Father – Brothers all are we, Let me walk with my brother in perfect harmony.
A Jewish Prayer for Peace
May we see the day when war and bloodshed cease.
When a great peace will embrace the whole world.
Then nation shall not threaten nation and humankind will not again know war.
For all who lie on earth shall realize we have not come into being to hate or destroy.
We have come into being to praise, to labor and to love.
Compassionate God, bless all the leaders of all nations with the power of compassion.
Fulfill the promise conveyed in scripture
: “I will bring peace to the land
And you shall lie down and no one shall terrify you.
I will rid the land of vicious beasts and it shall not be ravaged by war.”
Let love and justice flow like a mighty stream. Let peace fill the earth as waters fill the sea.
And let us say: Amen
Prayer of St Francis
Make me a channel of your peace, Where there is hatred, let me bring your love.
Where there is injury, your pardon, Lord, And where there’s doubt, true faith in you.
Make me a channel of your peace. Where there’s despair in life, let me bring hope,
Where there is darkness, only light And where there’s sadness, ever joy.
Oh Master, grant that I may never seek, so much to be consoled as to console.
To be understood as to understand, To be loved as to love with all my soul.
Make me a channel of your peace. It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
In giving of ourselves that we receive, and in dying that we’re born to eternal life.
A Muslim Prayer for Peace
O God, unite our hearts and set aright our mutual affairs, guide us in the path of peace.
Liberate us from darkness by Your light, save us from enormities whether open or hidden.
Bless us in our ears, eyes, hearts, spouses and children. Turn to us; truly you are Oft-Returning, Most Merciful.
Make us grateful for your bounty and full of praise for it
so that we may continue to receive it and complete your blessings upon us.
O God, I beg of you pardon and safety.
O God, I beg of You useful knowledge and acceptable deeds.
O God, impart to our earth its blessings, its embellishment and its repose.
O God, Your forgiveness is vaster than my sins and Your compassion is more promising than my actions.
O God, make me patient and grateful to You and make me look small in my own eyes.
I invoke the perfect words of God from which neither a good person nor a bad one can escape for protection.
Against any evil that may come down from the sky or rise up to it and any evil that may be planted in the earth or spring forth from it against the evil of the tests of the night and the tests of the day and the evil of the happenings of night and day save only the happening that brings good.
O Most Beneficent One!
Ameen, O Remover of difficulties.
A Hindu Peace Prayer
Om Dyau Shanti Rantariksha Gwam, Shanti Prithvi; Shanti Rapah, Shanti Roshadhayah
Santi Vanas Patayah, Shanti Vishwe Devah
Shanti Brahma; Sarvag Wam Shanti
Shanti Reva; Santi Sa Ma Shanti Redhi; Om Shanti Shanti Shanti
Unto the Heaven be Peace, And the Sky and the Earth be Peace,
Peace be in the Water, Herbs and Trees, Unto all the Gods be Peace, Peace for all
And may we realize THAT peace. Om .Peace, Peace, Peace
A Sikh Prayer for Peace
Peace that transcends temporal frontiers, reaches deep into the spiritual realm, transports our spirit to a new purpose, sets our sight to a higher promise.
Peace that accepts all triumphs and trials, inspires respect and understanding among nations, discovers meaning and challenge in all things, entertains The Good of all Creation.
Peace where the threat of war is a distant memory, peaceful coexistence is not an illusion, unwelcome conflicts do not intrude on human space, might surrenders to right in loving grace.
Peace where the mind captures and honors the essence of life, the soul dances to the rhythms of universal joy, great ideas are rewarded chariots of fantasy, common everyday living is a cherished pastime.
Peace where the heart cherishes giving, giving in faith is a sacred rite, the true count of blessings begins with giving, the spirit yearns to serve as an offering.
Peace where legends and tradition echo and affirm universal spirit, faith and service converge to mirror our humanity, the Light of the Unseen guides us through unimagined valleys, the promise of tomorrows keeps hope and dreams alive.
Peace where despair and divisiveness no longer threaten the human race, ignorance and injustice find no friendly place, vision and striving strengthen and thread human destiny, diversity of thoughts and ideas is a cherished treasure.
Peace where reason and truths herald triumphs, dignity and justice are sacred rights, love transcends all colors and separating walls, hope and freedom are an eternal flame.
Lord, teach us to make peace with all that surrounds us. May we reflect on the meaning and shape of our universe and nurture it with prayer, sacrifice and inspirations of great souls. May our labors and prayers converge to create a beautiful canopy of dignity, equality, justice and friendship for all living beings under the heavens to live and prosper in peace.
May the entire creation move forward in solidarity, oneness in spirit and purpose, and together shape and inherit a legacy worthy of God and man, where peace is not a dream but our true destiny.
Let peace begin with me. Let this be the moment now. With every step I take, let this be my solemn vol.
To take each moment, and live each moment, With peace eternally, let there be peace on earth,
And let it begin with me.
A moment of Stewardship:
As members and friends of Compass Christian Church we show our love of this community of people by sharing our Time: volunteering, joining Mission Teams, and sharing the Good News of Jesus to our neighbors; our Talent: singing in the choir, cooking meals for our shut-ins & ill, praying for our community and concerns/joys list; our Treasure: pledging to support CCC monetarily, using His blessings to bless others, encouraging our children to gather with their peers in Children Worship & Wonder, CCF, Chi Rho, CYF, etc.
When we accept Jesus as Lord, God then grants us the favor of becoming His Steward, and we become a part of the Stewardship process.
—Sarah F, Stewardship Team Leader
9:30 a.m. Sundays
A recent survey of CCC parents regarding the best time to offer Children’s Bible Studies showed an overwhelming preference for 9:30 Sunday mornings.
Accordingly, the Youth Education Team has set Sunday, Oct. 2 at 9:30 a.m. as the first day for the new Children’s Bible Studies class. Carol Y. will teach K-2 children, and Zach B. will teach 3rd and 4th graders.
For the class to succeed, the children and teachers need support from volunteers (adults & teens) who can help teach, prepare materials, and assist during the class. As Carol says, “In a perfect world, it would be great to have 2-3 adults per group who are willing to be a teaching team as well as individuals willing to sub as necessary.”
Spend some time Sunday mornings working with Children’s Bible Study and seeing the Bible again through the “new eyes” of children! To volunteer or for more info, contact Carol Yarborough or email firstname.lastname@example.org and put in the subject Volunteer Sunday Children’s Bible Study.
You do not have to be a member of this church, faith, or any faith to volunteer at CCC.
On a Musical NOTE from Deborah Thompson CCC Children’s Choir Director
The Ablaze Choir, for children ages 5-11, will resume weekly practice on Wednesday,
October 5 at 7:00-7:30, and each Wednesday thereafter at the same time.
The Ablaze Choir will sing during worship service four times throughout the school year, as well as on Youth Sunday.
Chi Rho is a term to describe youth in GR 6-8
All are welcome to join us for a night of singing camp songs, playing games, seeing old friends and making new ones! Spend a night at Carthage Christian Church and celebrate worship the following morning. This is a free event, all are welcome!
When: Saturday October 22 7 pm to Sunday October 23 noon
Where: 19 W 73rd St. Cincinnati Ohio 45216 Map: https://goo.gl/maps/2WNNsTftddy
Link to Carthage Christian Church website: http://carthagechristian.weebly.com/
Last month I shared some of the “footprints of faith” from our Youth Sunday where folks shared some of their experiences “walking with God.” Here are some other contributions from fellow travelers.
Many times I wonder if I am on the right path. Sometimes I forget to listen to God. When I do stop to listen, I know that He is there.
Always being there through the good times and the bad.
God and I were connected because he helped me through the hardest moments of my life.
During my baptism I was connected because it was the same water Jesus was baptized in.
God was with me in rearing our children—my most important journey.
God travels with you everywhere, even when you’ve never been.
During school I think of you.
My journey with God in this church has been through the children.
When I professed my faith in Christ for the first time in front of the church.
God and I are connected when I’m scared, because I know he’s always here for me.
I see only one set of footprints in the sand now.
God has always been with me, loving me and caring for me.
Coming to this church.
God’s Word guides me daily as I grow to know Him more and walk with Him daily.
Such a blessing to be in this congregation. Praise God!
My first church experiences were playing music with organ and piano…I know I was in the right place! The power of music lifted up to God!
God has given me so much. My life, my children, my husband and my friends and family. I am so grateful.
Every day I ask how can Jesus work through me. He listens, He answers. I just have to pray, ask, wait, hold onto others, listen, and act.
At times God has sent such wonderful reassurances to me of the presence on my path! When I was pregnant with my 2nd child, he “quickened”/moved for the first time (that I felt, during communion!) Hallelujah!
Reach Out with Helping Hands
ADULT MISSION TRIP, FALL 2016 SOUTH CAROLINA REBUILD PROJECT
October 23-29 Adult Mission trip to SC
The Disaster Recovery Support Initiative (DRSI) is a new collaborative effort between the United Church of Christ Disaster Ministries, Church of the Brethren Disaster Ministries, and the disaster ministries of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ): Disciples Volunteering and Week of Compassion.
Last October, South Carolina was beset by severe storms and heavy flooding. Today, DRSI is one of only a very few groups still working around Columbia, SC, organizing mission teams for long-term repairs and rebuilding. This is where you come in: volunteer mission teams are needed to serve in the recovery.
On Sunday, Oct. 23, nine (so far) volunteers from Compass Christian Church and others are welcome – (just register by contacting attached email) will travel to East Charleston, South Carolina to stay until Saturday, Oct. 29. In East Charleston, they will join other Disciples disaster relief groups to repair and restore buildings damaged by floods last year. Workers will tear out ruined walls and floors, re-install drywall, finish and paint —whatever is needed when they arrive.
Anyone who wants to go on the Home Mission Trip is welcome. The CCC group is not taking a van this year, so individuals must provide their own transportation or carpool with others. Food & housing costs at the site are minimal.
Work: Most work will be repairs to flood damaged homes. Work days are Monday – Friday with groups welcome to arrive Sunday afternoon and stay through Friday evening or Saturday morning. Tools will be provided.
Housing: Holy Apostles Orthodox Church, West Columbia, SC Cooking facilities are available on site; groups will provide their own meals. Mattresses are provided, individuals must provide their own bedding, towels, etc. Showers will be via a shower trailer on site.
Cost: $50 / person to off-set the cost of housing, to be paid via one group check to the host church upon arrival.
For more info about the CCC mission trip to SC, contact Larry O. or Daun S. you can send a note to email@example.com and put Volunteer in Adult Mission Trip in the subject line.
Sat. Oct. 15 ~ 10:00-3:00 CCC FALL Used BOOK SALE Over 1,000 books ~ all genres
- Hardcover $1.00
- Paperback .50
- Coffee Books Hardcover – Prices vary; priced to sell
- Individual book series (multiple books sold as a series) 1/4 of the original cost of the series
Book Donations Welcome
If you wish to donate books, please drop them off at the church by October 1. Please call in advance to ensure someone is there when you deliver them (513-754-0777).
Thank you for supporting our missions!
One of the modular classrooms is filling up with books graciously donated for the Compass Christian Church 2016 Fall Book Sale.
On Friday, Sept. 9, Stewardship Team volunteers accepted a donation of 750+ books from a single donor! Thank you so much for this donation!
Volunteers organized by Maureen M., a Hiram
College alumna, met at CCC on Sept. 10 to make baby quilts for Cincinnati Children’s Hospital.
Maureen said: “We made 21 quilts on Saturday; 5 more were made at home by another alum & delivered just as we were leaving, for a total of 26.
We delivered them on Monday morning & the donation director was thrilled. We had a great time. I hope to do this for next year’s X-days, too.”
Reach Out Lakota Helping a Child in Need, Succeed Update:
Our annual Back-to-School Fair took place on Saturday, Aug. 13. We’d like to thank the West Chester & Liberty Township community, our program coordinators (Sue Cheney & Andrea Subler), our sponsors, and our volunteers; without you, none of this would’ve been possible!
Thank you …
- The Faith Alliance of West Chester/Liberty Township
- Journey Church
- Manheim Cincinnati
- Four Corners Church
- Threshold Church
- Mother Teresa Catholic
- MOMS Club of West Chester
- Girl Scout Troop 49794
- Boys & Girls Club
- and many, many other Cornerstone Quality Team caring individuals!
Reach Out Lakota published pictures of their collected school supplies and backpack program. Kuddos to all that helped out!
Faith Alliance Music Festival – Sing Out Against Poverty:
There are 53,000 more Ohio children living in poverty and the overall rate is higher than during the recession in 2008, according to 2015 Kids Count data released today by the Annie E. Casey Foundation. The state’s child-poverty rate rose to 23 percent last year from 18 percent in 2008.
Ohio is 31st worst in the nation in child-poverty rate and 23rd overall, about the same as last year.. to be continued below
Live bands from five Faith Alliance church partners will play Christian rock and praise music including: Bethany United Methodist, Crestview Presbyterian, Lord of Life Lutheran, Royal Redeemer Lutheran and St. Maximilian Kolbe Catholic churches.
Festival admission, entertainment, food and beverages, and children’s activities will all be free. Net proceeds from donations and food sales at this event will go to support Faith Alliance programs and outreach ministries benefiting local individuals and families in need. Those supported include the Summer Lunch and Summer Literacy Programs, Help a Child in Need Succeed Backpack Ministry, and Feed our Neighbors in Need Food Drive.
For more information, call 513-309-4526 or visit the Faith Alliance website at www.thefaithalliance.org Volunteers are still needed for set-up and tear-down.
Please watch this video for additional information:
The annual report by the nonprofit foundation considers a wide variety of economic, health and educational factors in assessing the well-being of children nationally and in all 50 states individually.
“Although we are several years past the end of the recession, millions of families across the country still have not benefited from the economic recovery,” Patrick McCarthy, president and chief executive officer of the Casey Foundation, said in a statement. “While we’ve seen an increase in employment in recent years, many of these jobs are low-wage and cannot support even basic family expenses.
“Far too many families are still struggling to provide for the day-to-day needs of their children.”
Minority children have been largely “sidestepped” by Ohio’s economic bounce-back, the report said.
Black children are three times as likely to live in poverty areas in Ohio, and twice as likely to be in a single-parent family, while Latino children are most likely to be in a household where the parent isn’t a high-school graduate.
“The data show that wide gaps remain between the living standards of many children of color and other children,” said Dawn Wallace-Pascoe, the Kids Count project manager at Children’s Defense Fund-Ohio.
“The time is now for Ohio to get serious about ending child poverty, reducing economic, educational and health disparities, and improving well-being for all children.”
Summertime offers a challenge for many low-income families because without school programs, many children don’t have lunch available. That is why many schools and community centers, such as Gladden Community House, offer breakfast and lunch programs in the summer months.
There were some encouraging signs for Ohio in the Kids Count data, including a significant decline between 2008 and 2014 in the teen birthrate, to 27 per 1,000 from 39 per 1,000.
Also improving over the same time period were eighth-grade students not proficient in math (down to 60 percent from 65 percent), and high-school students not graduating on time (16 percent, down from 21 percent). Numbers for children without health insurance and teens abusing alcohol and drugs also improved.
Nationally, Minnesota’s kids had the overall best well-being, along with those in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Iowa and Vermont. Children in Arizona, Nevada, Louisiana, New Mexico and Mississippi fared poorest.
The report is available online at aecf.org.
A STEPPING FORWARD DINNER THANK YOU
On August 30th, 17 volunteers from Compass Christian Church prepared and served dinner, made and passed out salads, desserts, washed pots, pans and dishes, and cleaned up in the kitchen and serving area in order to provide for about 200 deserving members of our community. Included were: Kay Y, Linda B, Pam H, Perry & Maureen M, Gerry W, Madolyn M, Marlene P, Jeanne Y, Pete & Karen S, Sally E, Michael, Jennifer, Caroline, & Katie H, & Ed V.
Our next date for “Stepping Forward” is Tue., Nov. 29, 2016.
What EXACTLY is
A “Stepping Forward Dinner”?
First, what is Stepping Forward? According to the Faith Alliance website, it is a program “designed to help equip families with the skills and knowledge they need to move their lives forward. The program could not work without the support of our collaborative group of churches and their volunteers.”
Among the services Stepping Forward offers is the Community Dinner for several hundred people held on Tuesday nights at Faith Community United Methodist Church on Cox Road.
Every 5th Tuesday, Compass Christian Church volunteers help to prepare, serve & clean up after this substantial meal.
- Life Skills Classes
- Literacy Tutoring from 7:00 –7:30 p.m. (Tutors needed!)
- English as a Second Language classes
- Homework help for students
- Bridges Out of Poverty classes & programs
- Referrals to Community Resources
- Fun for Kids play & craft area
- Hispanic Bible Study
- Choice Food Pantry (for eligible families)
See Ed V if you would like to know more about how you can be part of Stepping Forward or see http://compassc.org/2016/08/12/volunteer-opportunity-stepping-forward-dinner-november-29-2016/
“With language clear enough for the whole family to enjoy, Danielle Bean reminds us that our Advent preparations should center on the arrival of the Savior, rather than only on parties and gifts.”
The church will order one booklet per family. Since it is available in hard copy or in electronic version (Kindle or Nook); please contact Donne in the church office no later than Oct. 23 to let her know if you prefer an electronic copy. Otherwise, she will order your family a hard copy.
Devotionals will be distributed on Nov. 20, the Sunday before Advent begins.
EASY BREEZY Fundraiser Opportunities. Do you have a Kroger Plus card? Do you shop on Amazon?
Mairi will assist anyone who needs help you can either see me after service or email firstname.lastname@example.org
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION IN PARTICIPATING IN THESE AWARD PROGRAMS, HELPING US FUND OUR MISSIONS!
GRACIAS POR SU CONSIDERACIÓN EN PARTICIPAR EN ESTOS PROGRAMAS DE PREMIOS , PARA AYUDAR A FINANCIAR NUESTRAS MISIONES !
AMAZON SMILE REWARDS PROGRAM:
How does AmazonSmile work?
The first time you login to Amazon Smile (same email and password you would use to login to order on Amazon) you will be prompted to select a charitable organization. Sometimes I forget and just login to Amazon and fill my cart. Then I go into Amazon smile and finalize the order. The cart is shared between both Amazon and Amazon Smile.
WHAT DO YOU DO?
Bookmark this link : http://smile.amazon.com/ch/31-1352145 and select Tylersville Road Christian Church to be your participating charity. You only have to do this once.Next time just login with smile.amazon.com https://smile.amazon.com/
Marcar este enlace : http://smile.amazon.com/ch/31-1352145 y seleccione Tylersville Iglesia Cristiana Camino a ser su caridad participantes. Sólo hay que hacerlo una vez. La próxima vez simplemente sesión con smile.amazon.com https://smile.amazon.com/
For eligible purchases at AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to the customer’s selected charitable organization.
Is there any cost to charitable organizations or to customers?
No. There is no cost to charitable organizations or to AmazonSmile customers. The shopping experience is identical to Amazon.com with the added benefit that the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate to the charitable organizations selected by customers.
Do you charge any administrative fees or take any deduction from the donation amount?
No. Charities must register to receive donations and have a valid bank account to which we can route donations, but there is no charge to participate and we do not deduct any fees from the donation amount.
What purchases are eligible for donations?
Tens of millions of products on AmazonSmile are eligible for donations. You will see eligible products marked “Eligible for AmazonSmile donation” on their product detail pages. Recurring Subscribe-and-Save purchases and subscription renewals are not currently eligible. For more information, see Qualifying Purchases in the AmazonSmile Participation Agreement.
Will you share my email address or account information?
No. We do not share or sell account information or email addresses in any form. Please see the Amazon.com Privacy Notice for more information.
Will you share information about the amount of money Amazon donates to my organization?
We may occasionally publicly disclose the amount of donations to all charitable organizations or particular organizations resulting from the AmazonSmile program or otherwise made by the AmazonSmile Foundation; however, we will never disclose information that ties donations made to individual customers.
Will you share with my organization information about the AmazonSmile Customers who have selected to support my organization?
No. Amazon will not share individual customer information with you regarding customers who have selected to support your organization. Please see the Amazon.comAmazon.com Privacy Notice for more information.
KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM:
Last donation from the Kroger Community Rewards Program was less than $50. That is a very small amount compared to what we could be getting. Help us increase that number by enrolling in this simple fundraiser.
I was wrong; yes I admit it!
OK – I was totally under the mis-conception that the Kroger fundraiser was that you had to pre-load a card with an amount and then use that specific card for all your purchases.
that was the past…
I attached my Kroger plus card to Tylersville Road Christian Church or number 81294 (yes are name has not yet been changed on our tax-exempt form) in less than 2 minutes. And now most purchases I make with my Kroger plus card a percentage will be automatically donated to CCC (see rules in below Q&A section)
And you do have to renew each year to keep your card donating.
And yes the instructions are long; but trust me it just takes a few minutes. If you need assistance please email email@example.com or see me after service on Sunday 10:30 at Compass Christian Church 6771 Tylersville Road Mason OH 45040,
INSTRUCTIONS FOR KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS SUPPORTERS : (the following statements were copied from Kroger Community Rewards Online Documents).
WHAT DO YOU DO?
All supporters must have a registered Kroger Plus card account online to be able to link their card to an organization.
- If you do not have a Kroger Plus Card, you can obtain a digital Kroger Plus Card when creating an account online or at any Kroger
Link your card at www.KrogerCommunityRewards.com.
- If you have an existing account, click on “Sign In”, otherwise click on “Create an Account”.
- If you are a new online customer:
- You will need to enter your email address, create a password, enter your zip code, click on favorite store, and agree to the terms and
- Once you are done entering your information you will get a message asking you to check your e-mail inbox and click on the link within the body of the e-mail that was sent to activate your Kroger
- Already have a com account?
- Enter your email address and password and click on “Sign In”.
- Click on Community then on Community Rewards” then click on enroll now, complete personal information, click on save.
- Enter your organization’s number or name Tylersville Road Christian Church or 81294 and then click on “Search”.
- Select your organization Tylersville Road Christian Church and click on “Save”.
- To verify that you enrolled correctly, you will see your organizations name on the right side of your account settings
- Once you are linked, you can start earning rewards immediately toward the organization you are (Note: The message saying that you are supporting an organization through the Kroger Community Rewards program will start printing on your receipt about 10 business days after you linked your card.)
View your Rewards Details
- Sign in to your Kroger account
- Go to KrogerCommunityRewards.com
- Click on “View Your Rewards Details”
- See how much you have earned for your organization! (Note: This information will only be available and updated at the end of each cycle.)
Remember, you must swipe your registered Kroger Plus Card or use your Alt ID when shopping for each eligible purchase to count.
You must link your card every year, starting August 1st, to support the organization of your choice.
Thank you for participating in our Kroger Community Rewards program!
INSTRUCCIONES PARA PARTICIPANTES DEL PROGRAMA KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS:
Todos los participantes deben tener una tarjeta Kroger Plus registrada en línea para poder enlazar su tarjeta a una organización.
- Si no tiene una tarjeta Kroger Plus, puede obtener una en línea, al crear una cuenta, o en cualquier tienda
Enlace su tarjeta en www.KrogerCommunityRewards.com.
- Si ya tiene una cuenta en línea, de clic a “Sign In”, si no, de clic a “Create an Account”.
- Si es su primera vez en nuestra página:
- Tendrá que poner su dirección de correo electrónico, crear una contraseña, poner su código postal, seleccionar una tienda y aceptar los términos y condiciones de
- Cuando termine de poner su información verá un mensaje que le pedirá que revise su buzón de correo electrónico para después dar clic al enlace que estará en el mensaje que se le envió. Esto activará su cuenta de
- ¿Ya tiene una cuenta en com?
- Introduzca su correo electrónico y contraseña y de clic a “Sign In”.
- Haga clic en la opción “Community” y después a “Community Rewards”. Seleccione “enroll now”, complete su información personal, y para guardar, de clic a la opción “save”.
- Introduzca el número o nombre de su organización Tylersville Road Christian Church or 81294 y haga clic en “Search”.
- Seleccione su organización Tylersville Road Christian Church y haga clic en “Save”.
- Para verificar que ha enlazado su tarjeta, verá el nombre de su organización al lado derecho de su página de configuración (account settings).
- Al tener su tarjeta enlazada, puede empezar a recaudar fondos inmediatamentehacia la organización que está (Nota: El mensaje diciendo que está apoyando a una organización por medio del programa Kroger Community Rewards empezará a imprimirse en su recibo aproximadamente 10 días de trabajo después de haber enlazado su tarjeta.)
Vea los Detalles de Cuanto ha Recaudado
- Entre a su cuenta de Kroger
- Vaya a la página KrogerCommunityRewards.com
- De clic a “View Your Rewards Details”
- ¡Vea cuanto ha recaudado para su organización! (Nota: Esta información solo estará disponible y actualizada al final de cada ciclo.)
Recuerde que debe usar su tarjeta Kroger Plus o ID Alternativo (número telefónico) cada vez que visite Kroger para que cada compra que califique cuente.
Debe enlazar su tarjeta cada año, empezando el 1 de agosto, para apoyar a la organización de su preferencia.
¡Gracias por participar en nuestro programa Kroger Community Rewards!
ABOUT THE KROGER QUARTERLY REWARDS TYPICAL Q&A’S:
1. Question: How much can my favorite community organization earn? Answer: Kroger will pay up to $1,250,000 on a quarterly basis to participating organizations based on their percentage of spending as it relates to the total spending of all participating Kroger Community Rewards organizations. • Kroger limits its quarterly contributions to a maximum contribution of $1,250,000 to be distributed among all participating eligible organizations. • Kroger limits a participating organization’s earned rewards to a maximum of $50,000 quarterly. • Kroger limits a participating household’s earned rewards to a maximum of $300 quarterly. • The minimum quarterly reward payout is $25 per organization. In the event that an organization earns less than $25 in a quarter, Kroger will hold the amount until the next quarter that the reward exceeds $25 or until the end of the program term, whichever comes first. • Your community organization’s quarterly rewards check will be mailed or personally delivered to the organization by a Kroger representative within one month of the close of each quarterly cycle.
2. Question: Does Kroger have any restrictions on how my community organization uses the rewards I help earn? Answer: All proceeds derived from Kroger Community Rewards must be used for charitable purposes within the communities Kroger serves and cannot be used for political, legal or administrative purposes. Kroger Community Rewards has the discretion and right to terminate any organization from the program at any time if it is determined that any of the proceeds are used for political, legal or administrative purposes.
PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY:
5. Question: After I sign up my Kroger Plus Card with an organization, how long before my purchases start counting towards rewards? Answer: Your purchases will begin earning rewards for your designated organization within 7‐10 business days of registering your Kroger Plus Card online.
6. Question: How do I know my Kroger Plus Card is registered? Answer: Within 7‐10 business days of successfully registering your Kroger Plus Card, you will see at the bottom of your Kroger receipt “At your request, Kroger is donating to ‘your organization name’.”
7. Question: Does everything in my shopping cart count towards my donation to my organization? Answer: Supporters can earn rewards on almost everything, every time they shop! However, there are specific purchases that cannot be included: alcohol, tobacco, government‐assisted pharmacy expenses, postage stamps, Kroger giftcards and Green Dot Prepaid Cards, gift certificates, bottle deposits, lottery and promotional tickets, fuel, fuel center purchases, office services and Sales Tax. Eligible pharmacy purchases include out‐of‐pocket co‐pays for non‐government‐assisted pharmacy programs.
8. Question: Does participation in the program interfere with my Fuel Rewards?Answer: No. Your Fuel Rewards are savings for you and your household. Your Community Rewards are savings for your favorite community organization. Even though both programs are based on your Kroger purchases and are linked to your Kroger Plus Card, the two programs are completely unrelated to each other.
9. Question: Can I give to more than one organization at a time? Answer: No. Your Kroger Plus Card can be linked to only one organization at a time. However, you may choose to give to two organizations annually by changing your non‐profit organization designation after six months. That way, you can give to one organization for six months and then the other for six months. 3
10. Question: How do I change my Kroger Plus Card to contribute to a different organization? Answer: Just go online at www.krogercommunityrewards.com and follow the member enrollment steps.
11. Question: Why do I have to re‐register next year if I’m already participating prior to May 2010? Answer: The Kroger Community Rewards Program will be evaluated every year and changes will be considered based on the success of the program. By making a one‐year commitment to Kroger, Kroger is also making a one‐year commitment to you and your favorite community organization. It also gives each organization an opportunity to refresh its membership by spreading the word to new members and keeping the previous members informed about any changes to the program. The annual re‐ enrollment will also help your favorite organization and Kroger maintain an updated list of group members’ current address information, etc.
HAVE QUESTIONS NOT ANSWERED HERE? Please contact us at 1‐800‐837‐4483 Monday – Friday, 9am – 4pm
A LITTLE HOUSEKEEPING:
Please remember that all containers need to be rinsed before putting them in recycling bins. This includes beverage containers, aluminum cans, and all other containers with food. The biggest concern is dealing with pest control such as ants and mice.
Looking for a Disciples of Christ Church in your state :
REGIONAL WEB SITES
You can learn more about each regional ministry by visiting their web site: