There will be no regular worship service Sunday, April 18th as the congregation is invited to participate in our X-Day (eXternal) community service project day! This year we will be joining with “Sleep in Heavenly Peace” of Butler County to help build beds for kids that don’t have one! “Sleep in Heavenly Peace” is a national organization that utilizes volunteers to supply beds for kids from 5 to 17 years old.
Feel free to join us at the church at 9:30 am for a quick commissioning service with a couple of highlight videos. Communion will be available and after a blessing, we will head out for the day! (The videos will be available online for those unable to attend in-person).
What can I do to help? There are many options for our project day!
Pictured (Dave, Daun, Steve, Lyle, Laura, Mairi, Sally, Rich, Missy, C.J., Bill) Missing from Photo Jackson, Ed
(thank you to you who cleaned up the church Youth Room!!- Marlene, Ruth, Nancy, Debi)
and thank you to all who donated money, blankets, stuff animals, cards and more…!!!
– Sign-up to help build beds (we will go to the building site in Liberty Twp. After the commissioning service) We will work from 10:30 am until you need to leave. If you are unable to join us at the church, meet us at the building site – 5174 Hamilton Middletown Rd. (Rt. 4) Liberty Township, OH. 45044 All tools will be provided!
– Sign up to donate new twin-size bedding (sheets, blankets, pillows) or new stuffed animals. A fantastic family activity to let your kids pick out bedding they know other kids would like!
– Sign-up to make twin-size throw blankets or stuffed animals. A great way to contribute externally without ever leaving your house!
– Make a monetary donation to purchase materials and bedding. One of our congregations has challenged the church with a matching donation of up to $500. Please mark your donations for “X-Days” or “Sleep in Heavenly Peace”!
– Kids can also help by making cards that can be delivered with the beds! What a great way to send a special message to the kids receiving these gifts by wishing them a “Happy Bed Day”, or “Have a Good Night” with love!
Thank you for your involvement in sharing your love in our community!