Youth – God’s Children
A church without youth is a church without a future, and youth without a church is youth without the future.
You are a miracle, entirely unique;
There has never been another with your combination of talents, dreams, desires, and hopes.
You can create. You are capable of love and compassion.
You are a miracle. You are a gift of creation to itself.
You are here for a purpose, which you must find.
Your presence here is sacred – and you will Change the world. – DavidKrieger
We have a nursery for the young ones (age 3 and under).
And yes we use acronyms, they include:
- Christian Children’s Fellowship CCF (Gr 3-5)
- Chi Rho Fellowship (Gr 6-8)
- Christian Youth Fellowship CYF (Gr 9-12)
Our children participate in a program called Children Worship & Wonder (CW&W) age 4 to 4th grade.
Children Worship & Wonder is a Montessori-influenced program and is often effective with children who have attention deficit problems. CW&W respects the ways children learn today by offering learning activities that are experiential, image-rich, multi-sensory, interactive, engaging, and varied in learning style.
Significant training is required to learn this approach and use it effectively. We have trained storytellers and greeters.
- Inter-generational faith formation—bringing all age groups together to learn about their faith—is an effective way to accomplish the goals of lifelong faith formation.
- Congregations in which children, youth, and young adults are active participants and leaders in the whole life of the church are communities of vital faith formation.
- Vital discoveries in children’s ministry is about story, ritual, and relationship.
- Faith journeys are unique to the individual, as they try to figure out who they are, and how they can navigate their lives and the world.
- We recognize the diversity of people’s spiritual and religious needs.
- Faith formation for young adults is different than faith formation for older adults.
- Vital faith formation for children, youth, and young adults occurs when adults engage their own faith in meaningful ways and serve as models for them.