The pieces are coming together for this weekend’s mission project, thank you for being willing to jump in and get dirty for Jesus!
The plan right now is to meet at Compass church Saturday and Sunday mornings at 8am and drive to Dayton.
For those of you meeting at the site, we will ALL meet at 418 Smith Street in Dayton at 9am. From there we will divide up and some will stay at Smith and some will go to the Boggs site. Our Sunday worship service for all will be on-site at Smith at 9am.
The Smith St. site is a rehab, currently it is being drywalled – we will most likely be refinishing some of the dry wall (mud/sand), installing luan flooring sheets, and cleaning/painting basement floor.
The Boggs site is ready for siding, hopefully the weather will hold for outdoor work.
Most tools will be provided, if you have your own tools you wish to bring you are more than welcome.
I have not made any lunch plans, if you want to pack a lunch or we can order something local its up to you. You may want to bring your own water.
Please respond to me via. email or text if you will be working Saturday, Sunday or both,
We will be presenting live The Real Story of Jesus of Nazareth. A series of stations inside our sanctuary with storytellers at each will re-enact the arrival of our Savior – from the announcement to Mary and Elizabeth all the way to Jesus’ being taken into Egypt.
We will also have our display of Nativity Scenes, refreshments, music, and gifts for the kids available for our visitors.
Where: 6771 Tylersville Road, Mason OH 45040 Compass Christian Church
There will be no regular worship service Sunday, April 18th as the congregation is invited to participate in our X-Day (eXternal) community service project day! This year we will be joining with “Sleep in Heavenly Peace” of Butler County to help build beds for kids that don’t have one! “Sleep in Heavenly Peace” is a national organization that utilizes volunteers to supply beds for kids from 5 to 17 years old.
Feel free to join us at the church at 9:30 am for a quick commissioning service with a couple of highlight videos. Communion will be available and after a blessing, we will head out for the day! (The videos will be available online for those unable to attend in-person).
What can I do to help? There are many options for our project day!
Pictured (Dave, Daun, Steve, Lyle, Laura, Mairi, Sally, Rich, Missy, C.J., Bill) Missing from Photo Jackson, Ed
(thank you to you who cleaned up the church Youth Room!!- Marlene, Ruth, Nancy, Debi)
and thank you to all who donated money, blankets, stuff animals, cards and more…!!!
– Sign-up to help build beds (we will go to the building site in Liberty Twp. After the commissioning service) We will work from 10:30 am until you need to leave. If you are unable to join us at the church, meet us at the building site – 5174 Hamilton Middletown Rd. (Rt. 4) Liberty Township, OH. 45044 All tools will be provided!
– Sign up to donate new twin-size bedding (sheets, blankets, pillows) or new stuffed animals. A fantastic family activity to let your kids pick out bedding they know other kids would like!
– Sign-up to make twin-size throw blankets or stuffed animals. A great way to contribute externally without ever leaving your house!
– Make a monetary donation to purchase materials and bedding. One of our congregations has challenged the church with a matching donation of up to $500. Please mark your donations for “X-Days” or “Sleep in Heavenly Peace”!
– Kids can also help by making cards that can be delivered with the beds! What a great way to send a special message to the kids receiving these gifts by wishing them a “Happy Bed Day”, or “Have a Good Night” with love!
Thank you for your involvement in sharing your love in our community!